Sunday, November 30, 2008

Back from Tampa

We just got back from Florida land and Nekki's parents. They always take good care of us - and feed us to the brim. That's one wild family, but It's awesome how they love to praise and thank God. They have been blessed. It's obvious. Many people that have been blessed so quickly forget to turn, bow, and praise God for it.

We went down to celebrate Thanksgiving ... but to these guys everyday is Thanksgiving - the only difference was one dry turkey.

Nekki put it the best way when jokingly she told me, "Yeah it was aweful! We had to go through the trouble of opening one of two garage doors, backing up one of 6 vehicles in the driveway just to open the second freezer to get out the multiple bags of leftover food. Oh, the horror!"

Even though I was under the weather for the entire trip, I got my think on. The creative side of my brain has been working overtime as of late. It started I believe with studying the parable of the talents ... long story short - wasting talent. I meditated on what God had blessed me with and realized I was "hiding my master's money." Time to repent and start using what the good Lord gave me.

No comments: