Monday, May 12, 2008

O God, help me to keep you first in my life.

On my desk at work I keep a small glass box of Bible Verse cards and daily inspirationals. Each day it reminds me to stop and pray before I face the day's challenges. Lately has been a little more difficult than normal. Nothing too dramatic or negative has taken place ... it's been life's simple patience-testers that seem to have taken a tole on my attitude (thanks for your blog Greg). My card today says, "O God, help me to keep you first in my life." To date, this is the shortest, seemingly most simple prayer card. However, I think this is actually one of the toughest challenges we face as believers. Circumstances, work, family, etc. often require our focus. Sometimes it's difficult to "Live for an audience of One".
Proverbs 3:6 reads "In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
Again, a short-but-sweet verse loaded with a command and a promise. I claim that promise today and pray that God leads me on the path he created for me. Isn't it amazing to have a God who desires to be sought with genuine interest and discovered by hopeful wisdom? More than anything he wants us to talk to him daily. He waits anxiously to bless us and draw closer to us. Sounds like a loving daddy, doesn't it?

No comments: